Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

IDEA DEVELOPMENT experimenting with plastic pleats

At first I experimented with plastic fusion and tried to trap them into plastic (sorry no pictures!), however the result came out very messy and slightly discoloured and therefore the technique is not quite suitable because it didn't trap the fabric in securely. However, I tried to sew them into straight pleats instead and I really love the result:









Then I sewed them vertically to create these dynamic structural pleats:






As a result, I really love how the sewn pleats have come out. They perfectly portray the structural lines of the metropolis and portrays great metamorphosis by adding the different coloured fabrics and changing the shape to make the structure more fluid, serene and magical. I'm trying to enhance the enchantment of the metropolis through the colours and lines.




No comments:

Post a Comment